Outdoor Recreation in Dubois County, Southern Indiana
Dubois County has the perfect offering for all levels of outdoor enthusiast.
- 26,000-acre Patoka Lake Recreation Area features clean, clear water, houseboat/ pontoon rentals, ten launch ramps, a swimming beach, nature trails, bike trails, & campsites.
- Ferdinand State Forest, a 7,640-acre recreation area, includes primitive campsites, picnic shelters, hunting, fishing, mountain biking, hiking, beach, & boat ramp.
- The Jasper Parklands features 25 wooded acres, a pavilion two miles of walking trails, a bridge spanning beautiful water cascades, splash pad, & play areas.
- Jasper Riverwalk is a 2.1-mile paved walk or bike path in the center of Jasper.
- Sultan’s Run Golf Club features a breathtakingly beautiful 18-hole, par 72 championship course that extends over 224 rolling acres of woods, water, and wildlife.
- Huntingburg League Stadium served as home field for the Rockford peaches in the filming of the hig motion picture, “A League of Their Own,” starring Tom Hanks and Geena Davis. It is home to the Dubois County Bombers collegiate baseball team.
Also enjoy other recreation: bowling, swimming pools &splash pads, skate palace, movie theater, sports fields, yoga studies, & more!