A national historic landmark, located in a 96-acre park setting in Battle Ground, complete with picnic areas, nature center, historic and scenic hiking trails. The 85-foot marble obelisk monument was erected in 1908 and marks the site of the November 7, 1811, Battle of Tippecanoe between the United States’ forces, led by William Henry Harrison, and representatives of Tecumseh’s Native American confederation. The museum tells the story of the battle with exhibits, a fiber-optic map of the action and information about the dynamic leaders – Tecumseh, Harrison, and The Prophet. It also functions as the interpretive center for the early U.S. Republic by placing the battle into the historical and geopolitical context of what came before, and of the War of 1812, which came after. The park includes picnic grounds, hiking trails and the Wah-ba-shik-a Nature Center. The Tippecanoe Battlefield History Store, housed within the museum, offers reproductions of historic goods, collectibles, and clothing. The History Store prides itself on its large selection of books on 1800s Indiana, America, military history, and Native American history and culture for all age readers.