Hartford City Public Library
The Hartford City Public Library was constructed in 1903 thanks to a grant from Andrew Carnegie. With its hand carved facade and original tilework, the library retains much of its original charm while still striving to meet modern needs in the community.
The library has Hartford City newspapers on microfilm starting in 1894, as well as cemetery maps and some family histories. We are also located on the same block as the Cecil Beeson Genealogy Library (open Sundays and by appointment), which is part of the Blackford County Historical Society.