Known as the "Castle on the Hill," the Monastery, founded in 1867, is home to one of the nation's largest group of Benedictine women. The distinctive, Romanesque dome rises majestically over the town of Ferdinand, standing at 87 feet from the floor and 32 and a half feet in diameter. Throughout the church, 89 angels are present, 16 of which are depicted in stained glass windows surrounding the dome. The church is listed on the National Register of Historic Places and has been designated an Official Project of Save America's Treasures. Visit the Monastery Gift Shop, offering hand-made crafts and cookies from the sisters themselves! The Kordes Center, also on the Monastery grounds, offers a peaceful and rejuvenating getaway. The new St. Benedict's Brew Works is located on the Monastery grounds as well with a slogan of "Pray, Work, Brew" and currently has seven different house made brews with more options to come.