Historic Muscatatuck Park, a beautiful recreational wonder!

Muscatatuck Park was created in 1921 as Indiana’s fourth State Park. The park features many relics from this era and before. The William Read Home is a 1850 pioneer homestead that was used as the Muscatatuck State Park Inn, now the JCPR office and interpretive visitor center. The Vinegar Mill area hosts ruins and a newer modeled shelter from one of Indiana’s first stone cutting mills. The 1850 dam sits up the creek next to one of two WPA/CCC built shelter houses. 1913 one room school, also.

The Park host a modern campground with 35 electric sites, 9 of which have sewer connections. The campground also features 15 primitive sites and the park is open to group camping in the camp or nearby shelters.

The park features 10 miles of trails, most of which are mountain bike friendly. Muscatatuck Park has hosted DINO events for 20 years. The trails are moderately difficult with scenic views of the Muscatatuck River. The Park’s Tame the Terrain obstacle/mud race is an annual favorite. The paved Muscatatuck Trail is at our west entrance.

The Park is also the most developed rock climbing area in the State.  The bouldering hosts nearly 300 problems identified in the new free guidebook: muscatatuckpark.com/pdf/BoulderingGuide2021.pdf

Visit Website