About Free Admission and Free Bike Helmets at The Children's Museum
Celebre El Día de los Niños con Entrada Gratis! (Free Admission)
Take Home a Free Bicycle Helmet for Every Child in Attendance!
The Children’s Museum of Indianapolis celebrates a special day in Hispanic culture— El Día de los Niños (The Day of the Children) with FREE ADMISSION for everyone on Sunday, April 30, 2017.
El Día de los Niños originated in Mexico in 1925. It recognizes children, pays tribute to their importance in society and endorses their well-being. It is now observed in many places around the world. Families and children who visit the museum will enjoy special music, art and culture including:
• Zelaya Mariachi Band - Enjoy being serenaded by an authentic mariachi band.
• Make Musical Maracas – Come to the InfoZone to make maracas and receive a free book. (1-3 pm)
• Bilingual Storytelling – Participate in classic stories told in both English and Spanish.
• Paper Flower Fiesta - Celebrate by folding your own traditional paper flower.
• Ballet Folklorico Mosaicos - Enjoy exciting and energetic traditional Mexican dance.
• Mexican Metal Art - Learn about the Mexican folk art of repujado, and create your own unique piece of metal art.
• Consulate of Mexico - local resource information will be provided for Spanish-sp