Warning: file_get_contents(https://visitindiana.com/): failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server Error
in D:\Inetpub\Web\TOU\visitindiana.com\blog\wp-content\themes\visit-indiana\MARM\Plugins\remote-header\models\RemoteHeaderShortcodeModel.php on line 23
VisitIndiana.com Fetch Failure.
9 Things You Have to Experience This Summer in Fort Wayne
Fun comes alive during the summer in Fort Wayne! With so many outstanding activities (from family fun festivals to the award-winning Fort Wayne Children’s Zoo), choosing what to do is the hardest part! Fill a weekend away with some of Fort Wayne’s best summer activities.
9 Summer Activities in Fort Wayne, Indiana
1. The award-winning Fort Wayne Children’s Zoo offers over 1,500 amazing animals, alongside rides and activities in every part of the zoo. You can tickle your toes in the treetops on the Sky Safari, cool off on an Australian log ride, and spend a day your family will never forget! It’s no wonder the zoo has been named “One of the Top Ten Zoos for Kids!”
2. Grab your tickets for a TinCaps Baseball game, named the “#1 Fan Experience in Minor League Sports.” Enjoy the awesome downtown ballpark, great family fun, food, and tickets starting at just $5.
3. Fort Wayne is home to festivals every weekend of the summer in their downtown festival plaza, Headwaters Park. From unique ethnic festivals to outstanding celebrations of the arts there is a party every weekend! Plus, festivals are the perfect time to plan a weekend away in Fort Wayne.
4. While you’re in downtown Fort Wayne, keep your eyes out for 50 pieces of public art that are also bike racks! Plus, there are beautiful murals scattered throughout the city that add to the family-friendly atmosphere.
5. If you’re looking for some indoor family fun make a stop at Science Central. Science Central is home to Science on a Sphere – a three-dimensional globe that teaches earth and space systems in a whole new dimension! The first of its kind in Indiana, and a real WOW for science enthusiasts.
6. There’s a reason why Fort Wayne is often times called the City of Restaurants! From local favorites to your favorite national chain, there are hundreds of great dining options that the whole family will love!
7. A summer staple in Fort Wayne is the annual butterfly exhibit at the Botanical Conservatory. Walk among these beauties from around the world, and maybe one will land on your finger!
9. Discover Fort Wayne’s riverfront, where you can take a tour on a 19th-century replica canal boat, rent kayak or canoe, and enjoy plenty of fun activities on the water. Fort Wayne also offers 100 miles of trails, so bring your bike (or rent one) to discover parks, splash pads, riverfront fun, and much more!
Discover Summer in Fort Wayne on your next weekend away and enjoy a getaway filled with affordable and convenient family fun!