In March 2017, readers across the country voted for the best museum for families in the nation and when the votes were counted, The Children’s Museum of Indianapolis ranked #1 as the Best Museum for Families!
Here’s the final tally:
- The Children’s Museum of Indianapolis
- Children’s Museum of Houston
- The Strong National Museum of Play, Rochester, NY
- The Henry Ford, Dearborn, MI
- Children’s Museum of Pittsburgh
- Please Touch Museum, Philadelphia
- Museum of Science and Industry, Chicago, IL
- Musical Instrument Museum, Phoenix, AZ
- Franklin Institute of Science, Philadelphia
- Natural History Museum of Los Angeles County
You can see and share the full list of winners here. The winning museums represent the best family-friendly learning institutions and vacation destinations across the country and the world’s largest children’s museum couldn’t be happier.
“We are honored to receive this ranking, which reinforces our dedication to serving the learning needs of intergenerational families to return time and again to create even more precious memories,” said Dr. Jeffrey H. Patchen. “The Children’s Museum of Indianapolis continues to make it a priority to create authentic immersive environments to help children and families learn in and through the sciences, arts and humanities.”