Last year I visited Beasley’s Orchard for the first time and wrote about their apple festival (which I sadly had to miss). But, I just heard about their annual event Christmas at the Orchard which is set to take place on TWO Saturdays this month – November 22 and November 29 – both of which I’ll be in town!As you are planning your visit, let me tell you a little bit about what they have planned:
- Walk through their nostalgic 150-year-old Civil War-era barn that houses the market. Not only will it be decked out with Christmas decorations, but there will be a wonderful fire burning (perfect for this blustery weather!) and the scent of pies and cookies will fill the air.
- SANTA – If you have a child, then you know the magic that happens when they encounter Santa and get to tell him their very own list … and he will be in an authentic 1800’s antique sleigh. Bonus: visiting Santa is free! If you so desire you can purchase a photo from local professional photographer Elizabeth Chapman.
- Live music will be playing too. You won’t want to miss the hammered dulcimer holiday music performed by Ted Yoder.
- Did I mention the hot spiced cider yet?
- Of course shopping … yes there is shopping! You can make your way through the Winter Wonderland Arts & Crafts Marketplace that will encompass the front porch (heated) and an attached heated tent. Who doesn’t want to pick up some Christmas gifts?
- And if you are finding yourself hungry, you can partake in delicious food offered by local food trucks (including Sweetheart Cupcakes!)
The weather will be perfect for getting you in the holiday spirit and you won’t want to miss this event – just minutes west of downtown Indy.