Here is a quick list of some of my favorite free activities and exhibits to see at the fair:
- Super Dogs – Located in the Dow AgroSciences Celebration Park with three daily shows (check program for times). I mentioned this earlier for families, but all ages will enjoy this show. The dogs are funny, talented and entertaining.
- DuPont Food Pavilion – New programming this year that is wonderful! With daily samples, the cheese sculpture and new Purdue kid-friendly exhibit this is one air-conditioned building you will want to stop into!
- Free Ice Cream courtesy of Turkey Hill. Gotta love this stop located in front of the Communications Building on the southeast end of the fairgrounds.
- Canstruction. This has been one of my favorites for years. See the creations that local businesses make. Amazing. And even better – the food is donated after the fair to the hungry.
- Ford Dance Stage – Close to the free ice cream on the southeast end of the grounds, you never know what type of dancing you will encounter. Today … cloggers!