I’m heading to the fair several times this week with my 3-year-old and have already scoured the program for the free activities to make the most of our visit.
- Wonder Trail – Pick up your kit at the Indiana Farm Bureau Building or any State Fair Information Booth. Find the GIANT magnifying glasses and discover the answers to the trail stop questions. When you are finished, return to the Indiana Farm Bureau Building with at least eight correct answers and claim your prize.
- Looking to take a load off? Head to the FFA Pavilion. There is a wonderful in door play ground area for kids. Kids can also do crafts, play mini-golf or visit young animals at the petting zoo.
- Beango Land – Located just east of the Farm Bureau Building, you can play beango and win a fun prize!
- Cowtown USA – Located in the Family Fun Park, this exhibit gives visitors the chance to hand-milk a real cow and participate in the pasteurization process. Afterwards, you get to sample a homemade delight!
- International SuperDogs – Check the fair program for one of three daily shows at Celebration Park and be wowed by unbelievable tricks, uncontrollable energy and aerial stunts.
- Flippenout Extreme Trampoline Show – Watch former Olympic medalists reach heights as high as 25 feet as they flip, twist and event jump with snowboards strapped their feet! Performing daily shows in Family Fun Park.
- Little Hands on the Farm – Again in Family Fun Park kids can experience life on the farm. Go through the daily activities a farmer would (feeding animals, planting vegetables, gathering eggs) and afterwards take your products to the store to sell and buy a “treat”.
- Take-Out Garden – Head to the Greenhouse on the north end of the fairgrounds. Inside, kids can fill out a short Q&A based on their exhibit and choose from one of about six seed gardens to take home.
More highlights on some of the best free activities coming soon!