A lot of cities have First Friday or Second Saturday events, where people can check out the area art galleries, see some art, and hang out with friends that night. It’s a once a month thing, and a chance to have some low-cost cultural fun.
But I’m really looking forward to Second Thursdays in downtown Indianapolis starting this month.
ExactTarget is teaming up with Indianapolis Downtown for a new free event on Georgia Street from 11:00 am to 8:00 pm on the second Thursday of every month — August 9, September 13, October 11, and November 8. Super Bowl Week attendees will remember Georgia Street after seeing the different bands, dance troupes, shows, and attractions. It’s just two blocks south of Washington Street, and is split by Meridian Street.)
Since it runs during the day, you can take your lunch hour and hang out, take a break, have a “working meeting” at the Tilted Kilt, or just start your weekend a day early.
The schedule for Thursday, August 9th:
- Performances by Drum Corps International every hour.
- Visit Colts, Pacers, Fever and Indianapolis Motor Speedway stations.
- Get autographs from Colts cheerleaders from 11 a.m. – 1 p.m. and 3:30 – 5:30 p.m.
- Take the Field Goal Challenge.
- Hear live WTHR weather reports in the noon and 5 p.m. hours.