Hanging ten in landlocked Indiana is about to get easier. On Saturday, May 26, The Waterpark at Monon Community Center in Carmel will open the FlowRider«, the state’s only simulated wave ride.
My boys (ages 9 and 13) had a chance to give it a try last week. I could tell you what they thought, but I’ll let you see for yourself.á Hint: Words like “cool,” “awesome,” “amazing,” and “best mom” were used in abundance once they were back on dry land.
Here are some FlowRider« Fast Facts:
- 2 motors push 30,000 gallons of water up the ramp at 35 miles per hour
- It’s a VERY good idea to wear snug-fitting swim trunks and one-piece bathing suits.
- Boards and vests are provided for all riders.
- Admission is included with daily waterpark admission ($10/day; $6/youth or seniors) or Escape Pass
- Riders must be 48″ tall to body board, 52″ tall to surf standing
- No lessons required, though morning lessons will be offered to daredevils who want to learn advanced skills and tricks
- A Teen OpenFlow jam session (for kids ages 13-17) will be available Fridays before The Waterpark opens to the public
- FlowRider« can be rented after hours for groups of 20 or more at a cost of $300 for two hours