Summer is nearly upon us and there’s no better time to plan a trip to Fort Wayne.
Indiana’s second-largest city, Fort Wayne offers hundreds of great ways to spend time together this summer. Regardless of whether you’re here for a few days, or just a few hours, there are plenty of options for visitors of all ages. Here are ten ways to kick off the summer (in no particular order):
1. Play in the Headwaters Park fountain: You will feel like a kid again and cool off. Don’t forget to send us your photos!
2. Grab a drink at the Gas House Deck: With an excellent view and great service, you can’t go wrong!
3. Attend an outdoor concert: This family friendly event is sure to please fans of all types of music. Acoustic rock, jazz, soul are just a few of the genres represented.
4. Go to the Fort Wayne Children’s Zoo: The Fort Wayne Children’s Zoo has been named one of the top ten zoos in the country and is home to more than 1,500 animals! Come see them for yourself!
5. Attend a TinCaps game: Last summer the Fort Wayne TinCaps welcomed the 1,000,000th fan to attend Parkview Field during a TinCaps game. Come help them set a new record!
7. Hike the trails at Fox Island: Explore this amazing 270-acre state nature preserve.
8. Run a 5-K: Get some exercise for a great cause!
9. Attend an outdoor yoga class: Re-energize in the beauty of the great outdoors. Tell Lanah we sent you!
10. Hit up a farmers market: From produce to moccasins, Fort Wayne area farmers markets have it all!
But don’t let me limit you – what are your favorite things to do in Fort Wayne? Let us know in the comments!