There is no point in asking my boys what they want for dinner. The answer is always the same: Pizza. So I know they would approve of TourHendricksCounty.com’s Pizza Playoffs promotion.
Pizza Playoffs will crown one champion from 16 locally owned, non-chain pizza-making contenders through a month-long online voting contest. Consider it the Italian pie version of basketball’s March Madness.
Beginning Monday, March 5, voters are asked to help seed 16 Hendricks County competitors by picking their top five at www.TourHendricksCounty.com/blog. The contenders include:
- Amo Pizza Shop — Amo
- Buzz’s Pizza — Plainfield
- Dave’s All American Pizza — Danville
- Frank’s Place — Danville
- Lil Mo’s Pizzeria — Clayton
- Mediterranean Pizza — Brownsburg
- PANS Pizza & Sweets — Brownsburg
- Perillo’s Pizzeria — North Salem
- Piezanos Pizza — Plainfield
- Pittsboro Pizza Shoppe — Pittsboro
- Pittsboro Pizzeria — Pittsboro
- Pizza Paradise — Danville
- Randelli’s Gourmet Pizza — Avon
- Rock Star Pizza — Brownsburg & Plainfield
- Sal’s Famous Pizzeria — Brownsburg & Plainfield
- So Italian! — Brownsburg
Once the seeding is set, voting will move to www.TourHendricksCounty.com. The first round of the head-to-head, bracket-style competition begins March 8. Voting for the second round starts March 13, and the third round commences March 20. The final two pizza locations will be announced March 27, giving voters one final chance to support their favorite with four days of voting before the champion is crowned March 30.
I think in the spirit of competition, I might have to take my boys to at least a few of these pizza joints so we can make an informed vote.