Living Lightly in Muncie is this Saturday, September 10, and it’s the perfect way to end Going Local Week in Indiana. Living Lightly is a FREE resource fair for sustainable lifestyles, held each September on the Minnetrista campus in Muncie, Indiana. Living Lightly is aimed at educating East Central Indiana residents about practical ways to live more sustainably, saving money and resources for themselves and future generations.
Some of the scheduled events for the day include:
- Live musical performances from Bannister Family Bluegrass Band, Ron Beach, Ric Dwenger, and headliner Jennie DeVoe
- Kids activities and live theatre performances from Minnetrista Theatre Preserves
- Build a river of fish—hands-on clay sculpting activity
- Presentations on rain barrels, energy saving techniques for older homes, organic gardening, and more
- 40+ vendors in the Green Marketplace
- Ice cream from Traderspoint Creamery; lunch and snacks from Downtown Farm Stand
- See the full schedule here
Tips: My family had a great experience at Living Lightly Fair a couple of years ago. My daughter worked very hard at sculpting a fish out of clay to add to the “River of Fish” installation. Make sure to try Traderspoint Creamery ice cream and a couple of tacos from the Downtown Farm Stand.
When: Saturday, September 10
1200 N. Minnetrista Pkwy