As everyone gets back into the swing of things after the Holidays, we’ve been crunching numbers to find the most popular Indiana Insider Blog posts for 2010.
From posts about annual events to amateur baseball, here are the most viewed posts of the year on the Indiana Insider Blog. We had 5 different authors in our 10 most popular posts and have provided a brief description of each post as well as a link to each of the authors’ other posts.
10. Summer Indiana BBQ Festivals (Erik Deckers) – Our blogger Erik loves BBQ and he details some of the best BBQ festivals in Indiana in this great post. Most of these events will occur again in 2011, so check out the post and mark some 2011 dates on your calendar.
9. Get a Great Deal on Vera Bradley Merchandise! (Jeremy Williams) – Every year, Fort Wayne-based Vera Bradley hosts a huge sale in late April and early May. Check out the post and you can find out more about the big event.
8. Free is Key at Holiday World (Amy Magan) – If you’ve lived in Indiana long enough, you’ve seen Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari‘s ads talking about free suncreen and soft drinks, but Amy details 9 other great things you might not know about Holiday World!
7. Evansville Otters Baseball for Southwest Indiana (Erik Deckers) – Erik loves baseball and he had the chance to check out an Evansville Otters game this summer and had a fantastic time. Read about his visit.
6. Zipline Indiana (Anicia Richardson) – This post was actually written in 2008, but it keeps popping up as one of our most popular posts. Anicia briefly blogs about some of the activities you’ll find at Dagaz Acres.
5. The Circle of Lights on Indianapolis’ Monument Circle (Erik Deckers) – Erik write this post before his first Circle of Lights experience in 2009. This Indianapolis tradition has been going on for nearly 50 years now.
4. Go Hog Wild with Indiana State Fair Discounts (Amy Magan) – Who doesn’t love the Indiana State Fair? And who doesn’t love getting a deal at the Indiana State Fair? Amy let our readers know all about some great discounts the State Fair offered this year.
3. Looking for Fall in Indiana? Go North! (Lisa Vielee) – Most people think of Southern Indiana when they think of gorgeous fall colors (and they’re right), but Lisa reminds us that Northern Indiana has some less-well-known, but just as beautiful, spots to visit in the Fall.
2. Titanic Exhibit at the Indiana State Museum is a Definite Must-See (Amy Magan) – You actually still have this weekend (until Jan 16, 2011) to check out the Titanic Exhibit! Amy visit the exhibit and really enjoyed her experience.
1. Indiana Transportation Museum’s Pumpkin Train (Lisa Vielee) – This post has become an annual favorite on our blog. Lisa gives all the details you need to enjoy the Pumpkin Train – a 3-hour round-trip ride to from Noblesville, IN to a pumpkin patch in Arcadia, IN.
Do you remember reading any of these posts in 2010? What was your favorite post of the year?
No related posts.