My friend, Rocky Walls, is a professional videographer and editor, and occasionally likes to send me samples of his work. One thing he recently finished was a video for the Indianapolis Children’s Museum about a scientific study of their Yule Log Slide.
The video reminded me that the Children’s Museum is, in fact, holding their Winter Wonderland event from November 26, 2010 through January 9, 2011. Children who come to the museum during the Jolly Days Winter Wonderland festival can try a variety of fun activities:
- Go sock-skating on an indoor pond.
- Start an indoor snowball fight (and best of all, no snow down your back when someone nails you in the back).
- Infants and toddlers can play in the Baby Play Snow Castle, an area just for the tiny ones.
- Prepare pretend holiday treats.
- Watch Dorothy Returns! in the theater. (Dorothy and her friends find themselves in the land of Ev, where they work to free the rightful queen.)
- Prepare Santa’s reindeer for flight.