The holidays are just around the corner and the Indianapolis Zoo has a great holiday event planned just for you. It’s almost time for Christmas at the Zoo, the annual holiday light spectacular! Outside, visitors can see the animals that enjoy the cooler weather, all while taking in the glow of acres of twinkling lights and heart-warming activities.
Santa, Mrs. Claus, & Reindeer!
From the cold North Pole to Santa’s Village, Santa Claus will be here to listen to children’s Christmas wishes every evening from 5 – 9 p.m. Visit with Santa and decorate cookies with Mrs. Claus up until Christmas Eve in Santa’s Village presented by Community Health Network, and don’t forget to visit the reindeer in the White River Gardens’ Woodland Wonderland presented by Wells Fargo Advisors! The Hilbert Conservatory will be alight with the beauty of nature during the holiday season.
Don’t Miss Items:
- Beautifully decorated two-story Christmas tree in the White River Gardens Rotunda
- All A-Glow Light Show presented by Macy’s
- Santa’s Sweet Shop – Located in the Outpost, Santa’s Sweet Shop features oversized gourmet caramel apples and rice crispy treats, freshly baked cinnamon rolls and cookies, as well as homemade fudge and brownies.
- Performances by local school choirs
- Traditional carolers singing around the campfire
- Holiday Dolphin Show
- Holiday Train Ride
- Holiday-themed 4-D Ride: Polar Express
- Lots of lights, animals and more!
Dates and Times
Christmas at the Zoo runs December 3-30 at the Indianapolis Zoo. The Zoo will open at noon daily, with Christmas at the Zoo activities scheduled from 5 p.m. until 9 p.m. each night. (The Zoo is closed Christmas Eve & Day). Santa visits end Dec. 23.
Christmas at the Zoo is free for Zoo members and included with regular admission for non-members: $8.50 for adults and $6.50 for seniors age 62+ and children ages 2-12. Children one and under are free, and parking is $6. Guests can receive $1.00 off admission with the donation of a new hat, scarf or gloves for St. Mary’s Children Center, which helps young children who are at risk for social, emotional, economic and environmental problems. Discount tickets will be available at select Marsh supermarkets.
Congratulations to our Christmas at the Zoo Winner: Corrie J of Anderson, IN!
Christmas at the Zoo Contest:
The Indianapolis Zoo has been gracious enough to give us a Christmas at the Zoo prize pack that we’ll give away this week on our blog. Check out the details below to see what you could win and how to enter.
What you could win:
- Four (4) Christmas at the Zoo tickets
- Four (4) ride tickets
- Four (4) hot chocolate vouchers
- One (1) Indianapolis Zoo plush animal
- One (1) Indianapolis Zoo holiday ornament
How to enter the contest:
Leave a comment on this post and answer the following question:
What was a recent trip you took to/within Indiana that you would recommend to your friends and family? Why would you recommend it?
EJust answer that question and we’ll pick our favorite response this FRIDAY (11/19) at Noon EDT. We’ll select a winner and will notify them via email. Good luck!