The Indianapolis International Festival, hosted by the Nationalities Council of Indiana, and sponsored by the AAA Hoosier Motor Club, is taking place from Friday, November 19 through Sunday, November 21 at the West Pavilion on the Indiana State Fairgrounds.
The Indy International Festival is the oldest and largest pan-ethnic celebration in central Indiana. It’s intended to showcase the Hoosier state’s ethnic diversity, celebrate our different ethnic tradition, and to encourage cultural exchange.
Some of the special events at the International Festival include:
- Italian Street Painting: Italian street painters — called madonnari — will practice their craft on the concrete floors of the West Pavilion.
- Explore the world’s largest map of Asia, with the National Geographic Society’s Giant Traveling Map of Asia. The map is 26′ x 33′ and weighs 102 pounds.
- Try different international beers and wines with authentic cuisines from over 20 different ethnic food vendors. the beers and wines are from Kahn’s Fine Wines and Spirits, which has one of the widest selections of beers and wines in the city.
The Indy International Festival is open to the public during these times:
- Nov 19, 2010 ….. 2pm – 9pm
- Nov 20, 2010 ….. 10am – 9pm
- Nov 21, 2010 ….. Noon – 6pm
Tickets are $7 in advance, or $9 at the door (or show your AAA Hoosier Motor Club Membership at the door for a $2 discount). Children ages 6 – 12 are $6, and children 5 and under are free. You can buy your tickets in advance at Marsh Supermarkets and Kahn’s Fine Wines.
Photo credit: Masamunecyrus