The end of January and beginning of February, 2010, may be the most magical week in the entire state of Indiana.
It’s the much-celebrated, highly-caloric Week of Chocolate in Bloomington (Monroe County).
The Week of Chocolate is organized by Options, a nonprofit agency in Monroe County that works with people with disabilities, as well other organizations. Proceeds from the event will benefit Options. The Week of Chocolate is presented by Oliver Winery, Fine Print and Options.
The pinnacle event is the Art of Chocolate at the Indiana University Art Museum on February 8, which is an evening of chocolate, fine wine, tours of the gallery, and a silent auction.
Other events include:
- Sundaes on Saturday at the Monroe County History Center on January 30
- Wonka’s Chocolate Festival at the Boys & Girls Club of Bloomington on January 30
- Ebony and Ivory: A Night of Delicious Music and Sweet Confections at the Indiana Memorial Union Tudor Room on February 2
- Chocolate Olympics at the Girls, Inc. Gymnasium on February 3
- Death By Chocolate: “Cruising for Murder” play at St. Mark’s Methodist Church on February 4
There are several more Week of Chocolate events and additional information at the Week of Chocolate website.