If holiday shopping is what you have on your mind, then Northwest Indiana is for you! Northwest Indiana has some of the best holiday shopping around. Here are my top places to do your holiday shopping in Northwest Indiana this season. If you live in a state surrounding Indiana – it’s the place to get your shopping done as Indiana has a very low sales tax compared to other states. The savings really add up at Christmas time.
- Westfield Southlake: is a shopping haven. This mall offers a store for everyone in the family. A trip to the Westfield Mall can be an all day experience of shopping, enjoying the diverse food court or even visiting Santa. For more information about Westfield Southlake visit their website.
- Lighthouse Premium Outlets: Located in historic Michigan City, the Lighthouse mall offers a shopper’s paradise. They have designer stores such a Coach and Ralph Lauren to Adidas. This mall is an outdoor shopping area so dress warmly. For more information and a complete list of stores visit their website here.
- If you’re in Michigan City Marquette Mall is also worth a stop. While the mall has seen better days, there are no crowds at all and they have all the great chain stores that many other malls have. So if you want a quieter mall with a decent variety of shops, then stop by Marquette Mall.
- Bailey’s Discount Center: It’s a thrifty person’s dream. Bailey’s located in Toto Indiana offers something for every member of the family. From a new sofa to a new dinner jacket Bailey’s has it. It’s your location for discount salvage merchandise. It’s a great place to get affordable Christmas decorations. For directions and hours please visit their website here.
- Merrillville/ Hobart Along Route 30: This is the main shopping area for many in Northwest Indiana. There is a wide range of stores, movie theaters and restaurants. From Toys-R-Us to Costco, this shopping district has it all. The shopping is situated around the Westfield Southlake mall. The stores are located down Route 30 and can easily be accessed via I65.
- Highland, Indiana, along Rt. 41 (Indianapolis Boulevard); This is another area of exellent shopping that Northwest Indian has to offer. This area offers a wide range of shopping from a Borders to a Dick’s Sporting Goods. This shopping can be found off of the Borman Expressway taking the Indianapolis Blvd exit South for about five miles.
Northwest Indiana offers a wide range of shopping for even the trickiest person to shop for. Come see what Northwest Indiana has to offer to you!