I am not an exercise junkie. If anything, I’m a fitness flunkie. But one activity I do enjoy is riding my bike. Now that my youngest is learning to ride a two-wheeler, I feel like a whole new world is opening up for our family to explore.
One bike trail I’m anxious to try is the Wabash County Bike Trail. Wabash County is located one hour southwest of Fort Wayne and one and a half hours north of Indianapolis. The Wabash County Bike Trail is a 92-mile hard surface trail that winds through the city of Wabash and the town of North Manchester, among others.
Other points of interest on the Wabash County Bike Trail include:
- Hanging Rock, an ancient coral reef. Getting there offers a great view of the river
- Roann covered bridge and log cabin
- Lukens Lake, where you can rent canoes and pedal boats
- Center Grove Cemetery, the final resting place of the early Quaker settlers of Lincolnville
- Stockdale Mill, a restored roller mill
If 92 miles seems like more than a day trip to you, plan to stay at the Fruitt Basket Inn bed and breakfast in North Manchester or the soon-to-be-opened Charley Creek Inn boutique hotel in Wabash. Those who enjoy camping might want to check out accommodations at Mississinewa Lake or Salamonie Lake.
For more information about the Wabash County Bike Trail, click here.