Hamilton County, Indiana is located just north of Indianapolis and is full of activities that are sure to keep your ENTIRE family busy and having a good time! Here are just a few highlights:
Conner Prairie – Leave behind the world you know, and discover a world of adventure at this outdoor living history museum. Visit 1836 Prairietown, 1886 Liberty Corner, the Conner Homestead and the Lenape Camp.
Recent additions include:
- Animal Encounters – a barn dedicated to all of your favorite furry friends!
- Discovery Station – kids can play, learn and discover in this kid-sized town.
Golf- With 297 holes in the county this is a golfer’s dream! Here are just a few of the highlights:
- Golf architect Pete Dye designed the layout of Plum Creek (par 72 championship course)
- Robert Trent Jones, Jr. left his mark on Prairie View Golf Club
- Purgatory is the longest championship 18 course east of the Mississippi
- Bear Slide surprises with a Scottish-links-style front nine and a traditional back for the ultimate in dual personalities
Crop A Doodle Do– If you are a scrapbooker, this bed and breakfast is for you! This beautiful country farmhouse is located on 100 sprawling acres in Northern Hamilton County. They offer a custom designed scrapping room that includes a well-lit and well-equipped work space for each person.
For more information on all there is to do in Hamilton County, visit their website!