This summer, just like every summer, White River State Park, Indiana’s only urban State Park, hosts some great concerts in a convenient downtown location. If you’re looking for a good concert, White River State Park is the place to be. Located right across the street from Victory Field, home of the AAA Indianapolis Indians, White River State Park houses the Indiana State Museum, the Eiteljorg Museuem of American Indians and Western Art, the NCAA Headquarters and Hall of Champions museum and the Indianapolis Zoo and White River Gardens.
WRSP just released their summer concert series and here it is:
- 6/02 (7:30PM) – Sheryl Crow and Brandi Carlile
- 6/14 (7:30PM) – Death Cab for Cutie and Rogue Wave
- 6/18 (7 PM) – Umphrey’s McGee and STS9 (incorrect date, should be July 18…Thanks, David!)
- 7/03 (8 PM) – ‘Weird Al’ Yankovic
- 7/18 (7 PM) – Umphrey’s McGee and STS9
- 8/04 – Wilco
Before the show, you can walk across New York Street (the concerts are held at Military Park) and over to campus of Indiana Universty, Purdue University – Indianapolis (IUPUI), the state’s largest urban campus!